Iconic Australian winemaker Penfolds celebrates 175 years of winemaking in Hong Kong with The Penfolds House – a limited time, bespoke fine wine experience hosted at Mercedes Me, Central. Featuring some of the most celebrated and sought after wines from the 2019 Penfolds Collection, the event will bring together an interactive and open bar tasting hosted by a Penfolds winemaker of new release signature wines including the 100-point scored 2015 Grange, St. Henri, Bin 798 RWT, Bin 389 and Bin 407. A wine bar dedicated to Penfolds Max’s range of wines will also be an offer together with an array of exquisitely prepared canapes paired with Penfolds red and white wines.
Featured wines include:
1. Max's Chardonnay 2016
2. Koonunga Hill Autumn Riesling 2017
3. Max's Cabernet Sauvignon 2015
4. Koonunga Hill Seventy-Six Shiraz Cabernet 2017
5. Bin 311 Chardonnay 2017
6. Bin 2 Shiraz Mataro 2018
7. Bin 8 Shiraz Cabernet 2017
8. Kalimna® Bin 28 Shiraz 2017
9. Bin 389 Cabernet Shiraz 2017
10. Bin 407 Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
11. St Henri Shiraz 2016
12. RWT Bin 798 Barossa Valley Shiraz 2017
13. *Grange 2015 [restricted to one tasting glass per person (with coupon distribution at reception)]
SHAVAUGHN WELLS - PENFOLDS WINEMAKER
Shavaughn grew up on a vineyard in Victoria’s Merbein; her grandfather was a Winemaker and Managing Director of Mildara Wines who introduced Shavaughn to a world of winemaking - both catalysts for her early affinity for wine. Completing an Oenology degree at the University of Adelaide, Shavaughn followed in her grandfather’s footsteps.
Two decades after her first vintage experience, Shavaughn joined the Penfolds team, working across the red wine portfolio.
Entrenched in the Australian winemaking community, Shavaughn’s contribution to the Australian wine industry and winemaking talent continue to be recognised.